2.10.2008

5 Songs that...

In blog surfing this morning I came across Alex Year One and couldn't resist a "5 songs" list. So, a day late, here's my 5 songs that remind me of high school.

The Indigo Girls - Closer to Fine

Betsy introduced me to The Girls, we skipped out on a rehearsal to go to a concert and since then The Girls have kept returning to provide the soundtrack at key points in my life. OMG - now it is playing on the tv alternative station....can't escape Emily and Amy - they know...

Melissa Etheridge - Yes I Am

Power anthem....even now

Dave Matthew Band - Satellite

One of the first CD's I owned....

Barenaked Ladies - Old Apartment

Another group I learned about through Betsy, and it's been a love affair ever since. They are quirky snd catchy.

Pink Floyd - High Hopes

reminds me of my first boyfriend. haunting.

I still love all these songs....

2 comments:

theatreknitter said...

How did I introduce you to barenaked ladies? Clearly that clicked on well with you. This was a fun post. I, of course, put more than 5. You know me and music, you can't limit me. Why do I not have a nano, because I can't put enough music on one, that's why.

luv ya
b

Anonymous said...

Delurking because I just moaned out loud - high school songs? Those are total college songs for me, in fact all but one already on a college playlist on my iPod. I felt old for a moment, there.

And then I realized I've been old for a while now, no big deal. Kids do that.

I wandered here through Ravelry, and since I'm here I'll also offer my congratulations on a gorgeous family and fabulous knitting. As if I wasn't itching for another baby already...

Give Life, Donate Blood