2.14.2008

Podcast Feelers

A certain someone has planted the seed in my brain that I should do a podcast. Well, the seed has sprouted and I'm seriously considering it. By my figuring, I could talk about being a new mom, the baby, the dog, and knitting of course, along with the random assorted other things I'm into: environmental stuff, movies, photography, the internet, cooking, etc. Is that interesting? I mean I listen to several podcasts that are certainly just that. I really think I want to give it a try. I'm lurking through the forums on ravelry related to podcasting... Thoughts on the idea? Anything in particular I should talk about, what are you looking for in a podcast? This is all still very much in the planning phases.

I know I want to talk about Hats, Socks, Stash, ravelry, blogs, my inspirations...

I think I could use music to break the podcast into segments, so people could skip over the baby talk if they weren't interested. I'm thinking that I would have a "project status" sort of segment, a baby segment, a dog segment, and "potpourri" segment(popculture, cooking, candy, memes)..

As for names I need help - I thought of "Knitting at Naptime", but today while knitting with the certain someone we both liked "Dog, Diapers and DPNs"... Trying to be clever and Gilmore Girlish with out being annoying. My head spins with the ideas...

I'm equally excited and nervous about the idea. Curious about the whole thing anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I definitely appreciate podcasts with a little structure, variety, and music to pull it all together...sounds like you have some fun ideas. Why not give it a try?!

theatreknitter said...

I love the idea. I like both names. knitting at naptime is great, also the dogs, diapers, dpns makes total sense// I say try it. What could it hurt. You have great ideas, you could add a little "moment of green" in each one. A "crazy baby advise" because lord knows you get so much of it.

luv ya

knittingknirvana said...

Do it! Do it! Do it! I originally found you on Ravelry because we both made a bunch of Itty Bitty Hats while pregnant. Then I started reading your blog. My son was born 12/9 and I have two dogs. So, we have a lot in common from our knitting to our kids (both furry and two-legged). I start back to work next week and I listen to podcasts on my commute. I would love to add you! I agree with the structure through using music and having each segment be a different part of your life. I also knit during naptime so that title speaks to me. But, I think that diapers, dogs, and DPNs is catchier. Go for it!! :)

mad knitter said...

Candy??? You're going to talk about *candy* on your podcast? Oh, I will *so* be there, LOL!

Well, you *know* I love the idea already! Miriam on the Knit Science podcast I *think* uses some (free?) podcast music service to add music to her shows. And Crochetlocket separates her knitting and running segments so people can skip as they like...I think that's a great idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I like your plans for the structure of it. It's nice when there's a pattern to it all.

Give Life, Donate Blood