8.12.2008

Hemlock Ring - WIP


Hemlock Ring - WIP
Originally uploaded by nutmegknitter
Here's my second Ravelympic "event" - the Afghan Marathon. I'm working on the Hemlock Ring afghan, using Berroco Pleasure yarn (same yarn I used for my tilted duster, only in blue). I'm 42 rows in. So far it's ok. I'm on the center doily-lacy part and am having some difficulty keeping track of my stitches. Yes, that's a cookie sheet - I've got the magnetic pattern tamers (which are awesome, and they match my Vera bag nicely).

I want this project to be gifted in the end, so I'm being very particular about getting it right. Last night I spent 45 minutes looking for 2 missing stitches! Then after I finished row 41 (and went on to knit row 42) I notice that I think I have 1 extra stitch? But where? My brain boggles at it. So it's resting. I tried watching the olympics while I knit last night, but as I was paying attention to my stitches, I mostly listened to the synchro divers "Ready, Up, 1, 2, 3,...... splash!"

I will be starting some baby hats just because they are EASY and not to fussy! My other current project is for Schaefer and that is driving me a little bonkers with the stitch count as well. Too many yarn overs.

I also may have done a little retail therapy at theloopyewe - they have TEAL sock yarn! I want to do the Hibiscus for Hope - an honor Nana sock (Nana's name was Hope, and teal is the color for ovarian cancer awareness). I'm probably overboard in my attachment to "Hope" but there it is.

3 comments:

theatreknitter said...

not overboard with the hope at all, in fact whenever I find marie stuff I get sentimental for the same reasons.

KnelleyBelley said...

Good luck with the Hemlock Ring. I've never knit it, but I've been there with the stitch count issue. Makes us crazy.

I love the Hibiscus for Hope idea. What a lovely way to honor her.

Rebecca Jo said...

Good luck with your Hemlock. I just finished my first & completely enjoyed knitting it! Now, its time for me to block it - anxious!! And for me - when my count was off - I just added or took away a stitch at the end - I'm one of those NON-perfectionist!!! You cant really see where I messed up either - LOVE that!!! Enjoy the knitting - warning it gets quite heavy when you get 400 stitches on a needle!!!

Give Life, Donate Blood