2.20.2007

Impatience

Since I don't have the shorter needle that I need to continue on with the Hourglass Sweater (I'll get it today), I cast on last night for Santa Cruz from magknits. I'm using knitpicks Wool of the Andes in "Rain", so it works for project spectrum.

I found out that my cousin Jaimie is engaged! I am very happy for him, and am excited to meet his fiance (she wasn't able to come to the family Christmas Eve event). Now I'm obsessed with the idea of making an afghan / blanket for them. Cables are a must, irish inspired also. I'm thinking white / cream colors (as I know nothing about their home) or maybe grey with an accent color... Ideas I have already bookmarked:
St.Patrick's Day Afghan (maybe good for others in my family? One square for a pillow??)
I really like this Celtic Knot Afghan - it looks like hearts!
Aran pattern stitch info
Although I also really like this: Wooly Thoughts Tilting at windmills
And I think I like this: Lion Brand patchwork sampler
It would be great to somehow work in "the clan" patterns: Donnelly....

When I went out shopping with mom yesterday I picked up this Mets winter hat - Jackson is the best model ever, when properly motivated...


No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood