10.11.2007

Candy Corn

This weekend we're going to a friend's "Ocktoberfest". They had a little boy back in May and I never got around to sending them anything that I did knit (tomato hat, mason dixon bib) - I am going to keep those items. Instead, I took the opportunity to knit up some more seasonal themed items. I'm working on a pumpkin hat from "Itty Bitty Hats" and last night I started and finished a Candy Corn Hat from Skeins and Beans. I made the small size (baby) as the little guy is 5 months old. The hat seems really tiny to me, but it's go stretch. His mom is a nurse who I think works in the NICU, so if it doesn't fit she can give it to the preemies. I used Plymouth Dreambaby DK for the yellow and orange and they are fantastic! It's a nice soft hat too. I would make this again.
Candy Corn Hat Jackson as candy corn

8 comments:

Julie said...

What an adorable little hat!

Sonya said...

I love that hat!
What a cute model.

lora said...

That is the cutest thing ever! If I lived near a yarn source I would rush out and get the yarn tomorrow. Jackson seems like a very willing model. Will we see a costume soon?

Paula said...

Oh that is really cute too!
I love that pattern.

Ina said...

Great hat! Thanks for the link and the best laugh all morning!

--Deb said...

The candy corn hat is adorable!

eyeleen said...

that is such an adorable hat!

sarah lou said...

hee hee! i saw your pic in ravelry. i love that your dog was kind enough to model it for you! great job on it - hope it fits!

Give Life, Donate Blood