10.28.2007

Oddest Project Ever

A few weeks ago my grandmother requested a doorknob cover / cozy. After a little hunting online, I did find a pattern. I dug into my stash, found some cotton yarn (in a navy blue color) and got to work. I finally finished it today and then wanted to try it out before sending it along to Gram. Well, all the doors in my house have handles, not knobs!
Door handle
I did find one in the basement leading to our garage. And thankfully, the cover fit.
Doorknob Cozy / Cover
I really think this takes the cake as the strangest thing I have ever knit. I feel like it is so 70s, when everything had a cozy - at least that's how I think of it.

Funny thing is I really want to make both of these mug cozies. I spotted the second one at ravelry and loved it. Not days later, in the latest issue of Blueprint Magazine in a shopping guide section (page 41) they show Snug Mugs from Ruth Cross - $48!!!!!! Ok, it is a "hand thrown porcelain mug....with a handmade Ruth Cross cosy in lambs wool with an ox horn button fastening" Still.

1 comment:

Julie said...

So can you actually open the door with a cozy on the handle or does it just slip around?

Give Life, Donate Blood