10.10.2007

Knitting. Seriously.

Playing catch-up here.

Aside from a wee bit of embroidery and possibly adding the edging, I'm calling this hat done - Football Hat from "Itty Bitty Knitting" (Just got "Itty Bitty Nursery" so cute!)Go Jets!
Itty Bitty Football Hat
I had previously found on the web, but didn't bookmark, a tip / hint about knitting an edge instead of the single crochet edging. I think it had something to do with picking up stitches and knitting them on the wrong side? Anyone have any ideas about this?

I knit up Foliage for me using some truly yummy Malabrigo worsted - it's like a grey-green with bits of white-ish. I messed up on my stitch count somewhere - in the middle of the second repeat of the leaf pattern, I was off somewhere but couldn't find the mistake so I just continued onward. Bah! It still worked, and as it's a hat for me I'm willing to accept the mistakes. It looked really big on the needles, but as I've got a big head, all was fine. I'm thinking that this is an easier way to keep the hair out of my face instead of fighting with little clips.
Foliage Hat - 2

My current Sock in progress in "Bartholomew's Tantalizing Sock" from the "New Pathways for Sock Knitters" book by Cat Bordhi. I'm using Seacoast Handpainted superwash sock yarn. The techniques (while wonderful) are not my usual for sock making, so between the pattern with slipping stitches with the yarn in front and flipping through the book (gotta get it spiral bound), this sock is taking a while. And it's only the first one!
Bartholomew's Tantalizing Sock - WIP

My other current obsessive WIP is the "Tilted Duster" from the cover of Interweave Knits, Fall 2007. This is a real stash-busting project - I'm using Berocco "Pleasure" that was originally intended for an afghan. So there's lots of it. I'm hoping this will work out as a decent maternity sort of sweater, especially since New England has finally gotten a bit cool and damp. I really don't want to have to purchase a maternity jacket to wear for all of a few weeks! Unless I find a great deal at the Stork Exchange or something like that... anyway, it looks very blobby, but both sleeves are done, and I'm maybe less than 10 rows away from being done with the skirt. This is great for the mindless knitting during tv.
Tilted Duster - WIP

Speaking of tv, there's not much going for me this fall. I miss the Gilmores and Veronica Mars! We've been watching "Kitchen Nightmares", "Pushing Daisies", "America's Next Top Model", "Survivor" and "CSI". "Lost" is still very far away. During the day I'm enjoying the "How Clean is your House" on BBC and the "You are what you eat" - we need to get those shows here in the states. They are so cool in how they tell it like it is! No nice nice there.

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood