The Birthday Post

(I think today will be a multiple post kind of day, life is like that.)

Me, ages ago
Happy Birthday to Me! It's tricky taking a photo of a photo, but that's me - just about 1 month old. And now, I'm 30. Crazyness. In my head, I'm only 25? maybe 27? 23 seems too young, 28 doesn't seem right either. I don't plan to be one of those "29 forever" people, I'm perfectly fine to share my age - shout it from the rooftops as it were. While some people I know agonized over turning 30 and how old it is, that's just not me. It's a milestone and should be recognized and embraced.

I think it will be a quiet day - Lorelai and I will do some errands, and just hang out. And learn how to use my "new baby"
Mama's new baby
A Canon PowerShot S5 IS - so cool!!!!

I didn't blog this before, but Theatreknitter got me yarn for my birthday -
I'm thinking I'll use it for Summer of Socks!

Tomorrow night we are going out with my brothers & sister-in-law-to-be to Miso - sushi, yum!!

Here's another photo of me, maybe 6 months old or so (about the same as Lorelai is now!)

Happy day!


theatreknitter said...

have a wonderful Day!!! you deserve all of the happiness in the world.

Firemanshunny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great day! The camera is a great present!!

katesaid said...

Happy birthday!

It's a lucky woman who can continue to enjoy her birthday as a special day long after the elementary school parties are done. I have a husband who's well-trained in the ways of wifely birthdays, so it's all good.

Virginia said...

Happy, happy birthday! Can't wait for sushi tomorrow.


PS. Lorelai looks so much like you in the six months old photo!

KnelleyBelley said...

Happy happy! Sounds like your birthday is a great one. Your pictures are adorable and your camera looks like a whole lot of fun! Can't wait to see Loralei pics from it.

Happy birthday!

anphoe said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I should I could get a camera for my b-day. You are so lucky! And Miso for sushi? Good choice!!!

mad knitter said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope it was wonderful...and dinner tonight, yes? Have lots of fun! I loved turning 30!

Give Life, Donate Blood