6.19.2008

trying to be a better eco-mama

I've been having so much fun with the stick blender and making "food cubes" for Lorelai - we've got sweet potato, apples, bananas and green beans in the freezer. How easy, just mush up the food and freeze. And as she gets older / more teeth / the hang of eating I can be lazy and mush it less! I'm loving that I don't have to buy many jars / containers of food (not that I would recycle those). And I made strawberry jam yesterday - plan to have it tomorrow morning - hopefully it came out right!

Continuing my eco-friendliness, I also completed a swiffer cover:
Swiffer Cover

IMG_4740

The pattern (Rav link) was straightforward, easy, quick and I still managed to not pay attention and repeat rows out of order. It's to clean / dust the floor and then be tossed in the wash.

I am currently working on a sweater for Lorelai (Get Ziggy - rav link - it comes with a hat now? man!) - I'm using Caron Simply Soft Brights - acrylic yarn, which I'm learning to love - babies are messy. and drooly. I think cotton is too heavy and I wouldn't want the wool to felt! Why can't I purchase Carbon Offsets for the acrylic yarn?

2 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Nice! I knit one for my sister to use on her spiffy new hardwood floors and she LOVES it. Works really well.

Firefly Nights said...

The swiffer cover is a good idea. I'd never thought about doing that.

Give Life, Donate Blood