6.27.2008

Me & Indy

Took Jackson outside for a bathroom break - we go outside our house, down the walk, to the grass, he does his business, we return to the walk past the bushes and into the house. Something caught my eye...
IMG_5028

Notice anything? Here, I'll zoom in...

IMG_5029

IMG_5030

IMG_5031

I don't do very well with snakes,even tiny garter snakes(that's what it is right?). Obviously I can do well enough to dash into the house to grab the camera, but anything that can climb trees and bushes without limbs freaks me out! I have great respect for the snake, and after he SSSSSSS'd his tongue out at me and went back inside the bush I scurried inside.

On the other hand I love my camera!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hate snakes, too. Maybe just stay inside and knit?

KnelleyBelley said...

Holy crap! I would have run and never looked back. You're a brave one.

Mel said...

I seem to remember garter snakes being green, but that was back when I was not afraid of them and had a baby one as a pet, so don't quote me. Maybe it's a rat snake? Hmmm.

True bloggers go get the camera to photograph scary things.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful snake! I'm not sure what kind it is - garter snakes come in many many varieties from black with green stripes to green to brown. It's hard to judge size from the picture too. I wish that snake was in my yard, though!

Unknown said...

Eek! I have the same shrub and will look at it a little bit differently from now on. Ornamental tree or snake habitat? He did pose very nicely for you!

Give Life, Donate Blood