11.17.2008

On the Move

Last night Lorelai started walking! We can get her to walk between us - maybe 5 - 6 steps - it's just incredible to watch her figure out her balance and such. I think she likes the falling part too. She's such an imp! Feeding is now more of an issue - I know I need to get her to eat more veggies, but she has mastered spitting them back out or flinging them everywhere. Groan. At least she's cute!
IMG_6224

I finished the "Bitty Bolero" by PixiePurls for Lorelai this morning. Quick knit! One skein! It's just a little snug, my gauge was probably off, but it's a pattern I would knit again (in a larger size it would probably take 1 skein and then maybe half of the 2nd skein?). I used encore worsted that I got for 60% off (!). We're celebrating Lorelai's birthday next week on Thanksgiving and she was gifted a very cute ballerina-ish birthday dress - tank top style. So she'll wear that with a onesie and this little sweater.
IMG_6235

IMG_6256

12 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

The little bolero is just adorable on her. :-)

Julie said...

How exciting! Walking is so much fun (and yet so much work but we won't go there). The bolero is adorable.

Rebecca Jo said...

Cant believe she's walking!!! And she looks adorable in the bolero! I need to make a gift for a baby - I may take that on myself ....

theatreknitter said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't beleive it!!!!!!! that is so amazing!!!!!

Virginia said...

This child is a genius! Cannot wait to see the walking skills in action next week. xoxo

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!

Lori said...

What a precious little munchkin! Good luck to both of you with the walking thing!

Has she tried the v-8 brand fruit/veggie juices? My step-daughter had (still has) an aversion to vegetables, but she'll gulp that right down.

Jenn said...

She has turned into such a big girl! I can't believe she's a year old! On a random note - we have those same curtains from Ikea! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Lorelai! The world is yours for the taking now. :-)

I can't get over how much hair she has. In my family, all the babies tend to be bald, or near-bald, well into their first year, so babies with hair always surprise me!

I love that little shrug. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Such cuteness!

Paula said...

Oh she is so adorable!
I loved that age in my kids but so exhausting!

mad knitter said...

Yay for Lorelai! What a big girl! and I love that shrug on her...makes her look even more like a big girl! Happy birthday, Lorelai!

Give Life, Donate Blood