4.22.2010

Local Win!

Happy Earth Day! It is a very appropriate day to share my recent local win.
Unique Sheep Win!
The Painted Sheep (of Connecticut!) recently celebrated her blogiversary with a contest to guess how many blog posts she has written. I went with my birthday - 620 (June 20) - and I was spot on! Excellent. I won a gorgeous skein of her sock yarn, Painted Sock Too in the "Merlot" colorway. I also was given my choice of Knitspot patterns - I went with the "Merlot Vine Sock", but there are so many nice patterns, it was a tough choice! Check out her Etsy Shop and support a local (to me) CT yarnie!

I'm really looking forward to the CT Sheep and Wool festival this weekend. Hopefully the weather holds. Last year was a great time. I am trying to sort through my queue and stash to see what I might be looking for. I am in the market for buttons for my "Caitlin Cardi" test that is being seamed. Maybe I'll go the lace route? Maybe I'll just focus on one sweater? I'm still undecided, but between a rough week with the Lorax and waiting on hearing back on a few other things I know I'll be ready for some retail therapy.

I also need to figure out a project to bring with me for some knitting in public - all my current projects are either too big, at a point where I have to pay attention, or need to sit and measure. Might be time to start a new sock or shawl.

4 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

Congratulations, Becca!

I will definitely have to check out her Etsy shop.

I'm thinking about going to CT Sheep & Wool too. Hopefully, I'll see you there. :-)

thepaintedsheep said...

so glad you like it!!!

sara said...

Congratulations!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I'll be there tomorrow too!!!!!

Give Life, Donate Blood