6.28.2010

Gosh, it seems like a long time since I did one of these. And since it has caught my eye on several other blogs I figure I would play along too.

1. What’s your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can’t be bothered to be adventurous)? I think that would have to be spaghetti and meatballs. It's done quickly, satisfies, and is relatively hard to screw up.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up? My dad has been asking me what my career plan is since I was 6 years old. Frequently. Lucky for me, he supported me in pretty much whatever answer I gave. I wanted to be a photographer for Life magazine and National Geographic. I've loved science for a very long time (I've got a chemistry background and am trying to return to those roots). I thought about being a teacher (and I did that). I wanted to be a mom (doing that now). I love that I'm building my knitting resume even though it's not a viable full-time gig, yet. I want to do something challenging and interesting.

3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any) I've just started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on the kindle. It's slow going, only because I tend to knit during times I would be reading.

4. How do you relax? I love to sit on the beach and feel the breeze and hear the waves. That doesn't happen too often, so I knit (duh), and I play with the Lorax at her kiddie pool or push her on the swingset.

5. What color are the interior walls of your home? Depends on the room - white, mauve-ish, pale pink, light apple green, tiffany blue, smoky purple, dapple grey and a stripe of dark apple green are found on the walls.

6. What is your guiltiest pleasure? High fructose corn syrup in candy - jelly beans, mike & ikes, gummy worms... As much as I try to resist the genentically modified food and over developed chickens and un-fair trade coffees and HFCS, I cannot resist a handful of wonka candy. That and the train wreck reality tv shows - Real Housewives, Wife Swap, Toddlers / Tiaras, Little Miss Perfect.

7. What time is bedtime and getting up time? I usually get up and go to bed around hubby's bedtime / wake up since he's the one to go out into the work world. That works out to be about 6:30am to get up and 10-ish p.m for bed. The Lorax is usually up by 6:45 or earlier, but is content to read in her room - she's up and out by 7. It's an early day, but I can no longer really sleep in like I did back in college. Now, sleeping in means waking up without an alarm clock - so, 7:15 - 7:30.

8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)? At least 1 hour a day I think... maybe more since I can get them on my iphone... There are so many interesting things to read! I can't get enough!

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood