7.19.2005

Finished Object!

Yay! I finished Clapotis!, see? The yarn is Classic Elite Inca Alpaca, #1107, Camacho Periwinkle; no plans to block it. It's lovely, if I do say so myself. I want to wrap it up and send off to my Nana, who is currently udnergoing a series of chemo treatments, but I worry that the wool will bother her skin? I really enjoyed knitting this up (thanks KateGilbert!)and am considering doing a one or two others for Christmas gifts. Those however, will have all stitches properly dropped - do you see my mistake? I'm good with it though, I'm not perfect, neither is my work. I am curious for other yarns to use - this was a special treat - I've been poking around the blogs for options, I'm itching to try something from knitpicks - any suggestions?

Next up, I have yarn to work on Cozy as well as SitcomChic or I could give crochet a shot, seeing as how I am accumulating lust for amigurumi

Actually I should work first on the cdswaps I signed up for and the needle exchange... Decisions, decisions...

9 comments:

froggiemeanie said...

The puppy is gorgeous!

I'm not really one to back down from a challenge so I might just have to try my hand at making some Madagascar stitch markers.

Catherine Kerth said...

oh i love it! knitpicks is great everything is really soft so you can't go wrong! i ampraying for your nana.....

caitlyn said...

Oooh, I like the Clapotis!!! Hope you're having a great week!

Unknown said...

I am one of the few people on earth who did not like the most famous Clapotis, but yours is stunning!
You may have changed my mind about it.

Heide said...

Clappy looks great!

I want to try crochet too, all those little amigurumi are so freaking cute. Maybe I'll brings my big Encyclopedia of Crochet on Monday and we can look at it together.

jessica said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your clapotis looks wonderful! funny thing, i have that same yarn in a burgandy color. (#1153, lot 7255) i was wondering if you had gotten it at a LYS?! let me know where you got it so i don't go on and on for nothing:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The color is so vibrant. Very nice work. I hope your Nana feel better soon.

jessica said...

hi its me again! i was wondering if you would see if your LYS has the color i'm looking for. i'm about two skiens short for making the hourglass sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts... I bought all my store had (they are going out of business)so you can see my problem... i'm more than willing to pay for s&h, and the yarn of course:) i've looked online and haven't been able to find a place where i could purchace it without going to an actual store. let me know what you think,
thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much for putting me on your blog list !!
I love your clapotis,- who wants perfection anyway ?. Your work looks just beautiful to me and to your Nana , it will be the best !

Give Life, Donate Blood