11.04.2010

Toddler Flittens

Yesterday when we were playing outside, I mentioned to the Lorax that I will have to make her a neckwarmer for her pink coat (I'm thinking Scallo-pie, Not-a-scarf or just finishing the Zebra scarf). She pipes up that "My hands are freezing!" I told her that I had some handy dandy hand warmers that she could wear - and that they were just like mommy's, only pink. I had been wearing my Fetchings earlier in the day. "Sure!" she says. Be still my heart. We run inside and I pulled out the Sucky Thumb Mitts I made last year.

photo.JPG
Of course we had to get right back to playing.

photo.JPG
She kept them on! I think she really liked that her fingers were still "free" and able to grab the ball or throw leaves or whatever. Handy tip to put them on? Making the "Thumbs Up" sign so the thumb goes in first into the right spot. They are a little big, so I am thinking about knitting them again in a DK yarn to be a little more snug.

photo.JPG
I was blowing raspberries at her to get her to look at me while I snapped the picture and she did it right back at me. We've got attitude, yes we do! We've got attitude, how 'bout you?

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Hooray! Lorelai wears a handknit! Tell her Auntie V is knitting her own flittens right now... maybe I will hurry and get them done for Thanksgiving so we can all wear our flittens together! (AND say that word as often as possible, because it is RIDICULOUS.)

sara said...

She's so darling! And how wonderful she likes handknits!

Give Life, Donate Blood