Last week I posted about my Pom Pom Maker - did you guess that I would take a shot at using the pom pom maker to whip up a flock of Pom Pom Toms, like Martha? Here's a shot in progress:
The pom poms are a great way to use up stash yarn if you have it. I used a mix of wool-acrylics / acrylics (think Ella Rae & Vanna's Choice). I will say that it was quite tedious to cut out the scalloped "feathers" - some are a bit pointy.
But the end result is pretty neat.
I gave up when it came to glueing the legs on - I wasn't sure they would stay up and they already look a little drunk as it is.
I also printed up the designs that Jessica of Craftily-Ever-After kindly shared.
Perfect - I was able to swap out some photos and prints in these frames for the more appropriate seasonal ones. Jessica also has ones for Halloween and Christmas!
It was a great day I think - my brothers, SIL and brother's girlfriend came in on Wednesday night and were quite gracious in allowing me to boss them all around. It was smooth sailing on Thursday. We had a little party for the Lorax since the whole family was there -
Three!!! (Just about.)
Couldn't ask for much more!