11.05.2010

Zebra Scarf

I started this project, I think, back in September. 2006. I don't know why it was in hibernation for so long - it needed one little leg, 2 tiny ears, a mane and eyes put on, and ends woven in. Last night and today I decided to just get it done.

Zebra Scarf - found in "Vogue Knitting on the Go: Scarves Two" - I think this was the sole reason I bought the book (back when I did that sort of thing. sigh.)
IMG_1559

It is seriously cute. The yarn I chose, Plymouth Yarn Oh My!, is really soft, but you totally loose stitch definition when you knit it. And it is a bit splitty. And unravels easily. It's like a chenille-y, multiple-tiny-eyelash-yarns together sort of yarn. Makes a cute project, but I'm not going to buy this again. Not sure what I will do with the leftovers.

IMG_1558
Once again, Jackson totally rocks the zebra look.

The purple eyes were a specific request from the Lorax. She mostly approves of the scarf. But will she wear it?
photo.JPG
Nope.

2 comments:

sara said...

So much cute! Scarf, dog, youngun'!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Found you via the blog hop, I"m a new follower and fellow knitter. Love the zebra scarf!

http://www.paradisepurls.etsy.com

Give Life, Donate Blood