3.14.2008

Come out come out wherever you are!

There has been an influx of yarns lately. After the "learn to spin" class on Tuesday, I bought several things because on Monday Lorelai and I left the SnB early. So, Regia bamboo, and panda silk, welcome to your new home. Today the wee one and I went to "Madison Wool" to spend the gift certificates I received at Christmas. I bought yarn for the "Central Park Hoodie" (Cascade 220 Heather Green), "Koolhaas" (O-Wool Classic), and Spirogyra (Sheep 3). I was cleaning up the dining room in anticipation of our hosting Easter dinner next week. I pulled down a shoebox from the bookshelf because the shoebox was ugly looking, and !GASP! there were 2 skeins of yarn inside. I think I got them in a swap a few years ago, tucked them away in another clean up attempt. Whoops.

I'm still working on the test knitting project.

Still need to seam the Amelie dress.

Making ears for the Easter decorations.

The mingus sock has stalled, I don't know how I feel about it. Not entirely loving it.

Started the nutkin sock (on two circulars). I did the cuff, but it's a stockinette, not a rib cuff and it just seems HUGE! I did go up a needle size (to 2.75mm from the 2.5mm of the pattern) because I had those needles ready and I have big feet. Not sure how I feel about those now either. Stalled.

Have to ball up more yarn to keep working on Glee.

Have 2 more rows to go in the Mystic Lights swatch, then it needs blocking. I tried doing the cables reversed for lefties and then as written... not sure it will really make a difference. I did learn that I don't like cabling without a cable needle when the cable is on the edge.

Need to get going on the baby knits... hats.... for my own and the other babies to be.

I really want to make finger puppets. And toys. It's for Lorelai.

I have all this knitting-in-progress. Someone at the baby group asked me if I knit for a living. :) I wish.

In non-knitting news, Lorelai and I have found some stellar deals out shopping. And I bought 2 bathing suits (oy!) for the destination wedding that is coming up in what, 4 weeks? Time is very quickly moving along.

1 comment:

mad knitter said...

Oooh, you are making the Central Park Hoodie! I keep thinking about that...I can't wait to see it!

Hey, I still don't know what you are test knitting, and I'm so curious!

Your new yarn sounds lovely!

Give Life, Donate Blood