3.26.2008

Gushing, tagged and new favorites

Lorelai was gifted a beautiful handmade sweater from her Aunt Virginia. Virginia picked up the knitting needles around Christmas - armed with many of my knitting books. She had made a bookmark for a first project and jumped right in to make herself a sweater. We've emailed back and forth about stitches and patterns and she's on ravelry too. Look at how absolutely gorgeous this sweater is:
New sweater 2
Baby sweater
It's black with the trim in pinky-purple and the flowers are pink - purple - white. Stunning! Virginia is hard on herself "Oh, you'll see all the mistakes" but I'm blind to them - it's a gorgeous sweater!

I was tagged by mad-knitter to do the Alphabet Meme - Here is what you do. Use the 1st letter of your middle name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real places, names,things…nothing made up! Try to use different answers if the person you took this from had the same 1st initial.You CAN’T use your name for the boy/girl name question.

1. Middle name letter: U (I decided to go with the challenge as my maiden name is now my middle name!)
2. Famous artist/band/musician: U2
3. 4-letter word: User
4. U.S state: Utah
5. Boy name: Ulysses
6. Girl name: Ursula
7. Animal: Unicorn
8. Something in the kitchen: Utensils
9. Reason for being late? Untied shoes
10. Body Part? Uvula
11. Drink? Ultimate Mudslid
12. Something you shout: Up, Up, and Away!
13. Something you eat? Udon
14. A movie you've seen? Upside of Anger

It looks like she has no arms, but I think this is my new favorite picture:
How you doin'?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, love the picture....love the sweater....and your baby is just the most beautiful thing on the face of the earth!!!!

mad knitter said...

Awww, I love that pic too!!! Wow, what a sweater...what a talent for knitting Virginia has! I can't believe you used "U", and so well, in the meme! Good going! See you soon!

KnelleyBelley said...

I consider myself an equal opportunity fan-of-kids, but I think Lorelai is my current favorite.

Give Life, Donate Blood