7.08.2008

Stuff I'm thinking about

Eloquence has never been my strong suit.

Anyway. This is really a non-knitting post, while there's progress on my projects, it just doesn't seem blog-worthy to post about the two rows on this or the ball winding for that. I want there to either be a completed object, a whole lot of progress or a problem. No I don't really want knitting problems, but they do make good photos and blog fodder.

Lorelai and I went to a "Baby & Me" movie today. We saw "Hancock" - not a baby friendly movie, but a grown-up movie and it was better than I expected it would be. I will keep my eyes on what they are showing - it's a worthwhile trip - for $5.25 (my admission) you get a new movie, the lights are kept on, the sound is not so loud, and down under the movie screen there are diaper changing areas. They also had a muffin cart to sell muffins (it was a 10:00am showing) and coffee. Lorelai was up and about the whole time - I was hoping she would sleep, but that didn't happen until the last 5 minutes of the movie, I could feel her body start to go limp on me. But it was ok because there were other people there with kids - so it was no big deal to feed / nurse / change a diaper. I would love if they showed "Indiana Jones" or "WallE" or "Mamma Mia".

I'm just about finished reading Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food" - it boils down to these key points I'm getting a little obsessive grabbing the boxes of food / containers in the fridge. Since Lorelai I have made more of an effort (without really realizing it) to follow those points... While I am not 100% won over (as I ate some high fructose corn syrup candy at the movie today) - I love my cheerios and perdue chicken shortcuts and sushi and can't stand boiled veggies - I do think he makes some good points. I would encourage others to read it and see if you don't feel the same way. I will definetly seek out his other books after this.

I have to call a new dentist and new doctor for appointments. I've been putting this off forever - I have a dentist and doctor, but they are 45 minutes away - closer to where I used to live with my parents. I'm a big girl now, and I should take care of myself. Still. Ugh.

I am still thinking about gdiapers too - amazon is running a sale on them, so it seems like a good time to order. Having a diaper with a degradable component would lessen my guilt about the regular disposables.

yeah. my mind feels full.

1 comment:

meg said...

That Baby & Me movie sounds like a good idea! I wish they had those here. Although, the girlie is old enough now that she went to her first regular matinee (Wall-e) with her Dada and did fine, although fell asleep about 2/3 of the way through.

We tried gdiapers last summer. I wanted to like them, it would have been a lot less guilt for me. But they didn't work out for us - too big and bulgy under clothes, and we couldn't keep the mess contained. If they were just wet it was fine, but otherwise, it was a major issue. I chose not to do cloth because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with the laundry (I work full time), and these created almost as much laundry as if we had just used regular cloth diapers.

Give Life, Donate Blood