7.30.2008

Central Park in progress

I've given in to my whims of being obsessed with out of season items - I'm going to do the afghan marathon for the ravelympics and I have started my central park hoodie. So far, I love everything about this project. I love the pattern, I love that it's on US9!!! I love that I've been working on / off for a week on it and I'm just about done with the back - I've made armhole decreases, and have to work for another 5 or 6 inches. Love the yarn - cascade 220 heathers - it's a green, but there's teal-ish / turquoise-ish / lime-ish in there. Hard to photograph. Anyway:
CPH WIP
One thing I realized after I started and made my way through the first cable, was that I should have switched the charts - they are meant to be knit A-B-C. I'm a lefty so for it to be all matchy-matchy with the pattern I should have worked C-B-A. Don't care, makes it all the more unique for me.
Cable close up
Cable Closeup
I think that will be a future moo card or something.
Posting quickly, have to get the baby.

7 comments:

theatreknitter said...

looks great, mine pales in comparison but the yarns are also so different, can't wait to see you, only a couple of days.

KnelleyBelley said...

You have Central Park love. Beautiful!

cici said...

Very nice.. I am hoping to do my CPH for Ravelympics.

Unknown said...

This is looking great! It's great when a project is so much fun to work on, even when it's out of season.

Virginia said...

This is gorgeous. It looks like it's straight out of a J. Crew catalog! (That is very high praise from me ;)

Anonymous said...

It's coming along so nicely!

I can't wait to cast on for this sweater.

Nice job, Nutmeg Knitter!

Firefly Nights said...

I see you are lefthanded. I will be teaching a lefty how to knit. Know of any good online resources that will help her?

Give Life, Donate Blood