1.05.2009

Cocoa Swap Questionnaire

Questionnaire for the Cocoa Swap - I've already heard from my pal! Looking forward to finding out who the person is that I get to spoil!

The Yarn…

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? I knit full time and dabble in crochet (only the most basic crochet - I can chain and sc).

2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of? I think socks are my "most frequent" knit and they work as a great one skein project too! Cowls or fingerless mitts are a fast favorite too!

3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I adore bamboo and I just received a nice set of KA interchangeables. While I try to cable without a cable needle, it doesn't always work - I could use another simple cable needle.

4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? Actively on the needles: Toasty Topper for the Lorax, a guitar strap for the world's best 9 year old, Brigid socks, Central Park Hoodie. My oldest UFO's are a few years old at this point and I'd rather not think about them (considering finishing or frogging)

5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try? I've been itching to try Malabrigo Sock. I always love trying other indie sock yarns: Darling Dachs (I have a dachshund!) for example. I'm looking to expand my experience with organic yarns (cotton or wool or alt-fibers). I have no allergies, but try to avoid things that itch or are ultra fuzzy / furry.

7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles?
I love the blues-greens-purples. Brights are good, Muted are good, Variegated are good, Solids are good too. Pastels I'm not interested in, but that's it.

8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had?
I wish I had a better organization for my "notions" bag - it's a mess and I can't find what's in it. I'm growing fond of fancier stitch markers - wee-ones (from etsy) are the ones I use most often.

The Chocolate
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? Boxed / packets are really all I've ever known.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Lately I've been using Peeps (marshmallows) & whipped cream. Fluff is also delicious, but I haven't had it in ages!

3. Do you use any ‘add ins’? Sometimes Bailey's.

4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? I would say I'm a 3-season cocoa drinker - fall-winter-spring

5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person?
Straight chocolate is all I've ever known - a little mint flavor is good, but nothing more exotic than that.

6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Starbucks is good.

7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? This question has inspired me to make a blog post about my favorite mugs. I usually sit at my computer desk or on the couch.

8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? Cookies are great with cocoa, so I guess that can cover sweet & soft. Anything chocolate goes with cocoa. Otherwise I have a massive sweet tooth that tends towards the sugar side - the entire Wonka candy line, Gummy Worms, etc

It’s all YOU!

1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I love photography.

2. Do you collect anything? I used to, but that has slowed down because I have too much! I love Hello Kitty / Sanrio - they have many little / practical things to collect.

3. What is your favorite part of Winter? Fresh Snow. Snowflakes.

4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I like citrusy scents and light florals.

5. Are you allergic to anything? Nope

6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? Nutmegknitter

7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Knitting, curled up on the couch, dog on my lap, baby asleep in her crib, good movie in the DVD player

8. What’s your favorite animal? Dachshunds, Rainforest Tree Frogs, Hello Kitty & Friends

1 comment:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

What is your ravelry id I would like to add you to my friends:)Hugs Darcy

Give Life, Donate Blood