Original post here. Updates: January, February, March, June, July, August
, September / October
I like a challenge. I love lists. I think this sort of list would be good to help me keep some focus (on me) now that the bulk of my focus is on my family. This list has been inspired by my family, friends, and the other lists in blogs I read...
Day Zero, Home of 101/1001 Project
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start date : 01 January 2008
End date : 28 September 2010
Not yet started
1. Fill the large collage photo frames. (1/3)
2. Hang the photo-filled large collage photo frames (1/3)
3. Declutter: sell or give-away 101 material items I own (34/101)
-yarn, -clothes -books -house items
5. Make enough yarn on the drop spindle to make a hat.
7. Use crochet to make a simple amigurumi character.
9. See 10 movies in the movie theater (5/10)
**1)Sex & The City
**3)The Dark Knight
**5) Quantum of Solace
11. Attend a sheep and wool festival in CT
12. Go to the local farmer's market 15 times (4/15)
13. Submit photos to the Durham and Guilford Fairs each year (0/6)
14. Submit knitted objects to the Durham and Guilford Fairs each year (0/6)
15. Photograph Lorelai on the 30th of each month (13/33)
16. Cook one new recipe a month (12/33)
**"Chicken Bruschetta Bake" from the Stove Top Stuffing Mix Box. Just ok.**
**"Curried Lamb" from Woman's Day Magazine, crock-pot recipe. Bland.**
**"Stuffed Pepper Soup" copycat recipe of 99 restuarant recipe. Burnt the soup. Ick.**
**Turkey & Brocolli Casserole thing from Taste Of Home Magazine. Not bad.
**Mini Lamb Burgers with Couscous Salad from Real Simple - Delish!
**Baked Mac-n-Cheese with Chicken Sausage from "6 o'clock Scramble" online - yummy!
**Blueberry Cake from Cooking Light - ok, but all the blueberries sank to the bottom!
**Chrispy Chicken Romaine Salad - back of the bread crumb box - ok
**Blueberry Crumb Bars - not bad.
**Cranberry sauce - yum!
**Chai Spice Girl Cookies - pretty good
**Giada's Peppers stuffed with Orzo - not bad
17. Drink 2-3 Liters of water a day.
18. Write a letter to Koji and Noriko to tell them about Lorelai.
20. Knit 30 socks (15 pairs) (9/30)
**Bartholomew's Sock #1 done 1/21/08**
**Bartholomew's Sock #2 done 2/4/08**
**Lenore Socks #1 & #2 done in 10 days! 2/14/08**
**Two wee socks (one for the wee sock swap) 3/30/08**
**Tidal Wave Sock #1 done 5/25/08**
**Sanrio Socks #1 & #2 done 9/30/08**
23. Complete the 100 push-up challenge:
24. Update the blog once a week for a year. (12/52)
25. Go to four dachshund meet-ups. (2/4)
27. Make my own granola.
29. Get a body scan to check on the freckles / moles.Scheduled for Feb. '09
30. Go to the dentist twice a year (2/6)
31. Start doing yoga once a week, build up to three times a week.
32. Take Jackson for a walk daily, weather permitting. (Let's face it, he's a dachshund and doesn't fare well in cold, wet, or snow)
33. Save $1 for every item completed from this list.
34. Sew a pair of pajama pants.
**1) The Good Good Pig
**2) The Memory Keeper's Daughter
**3) The Tender Bar
**4) You're Not You
**5) Water for Elephants
**7) The Know-it-all
**8) Prince Caspian
**11) In Defense of Food
**12) Garbage Land
37. I'm going to allow myself to purchase yarn with the condition that an equal (or greater) amount leaves the house.
39. Write recipes on recipe cards as needed. No more torn out from magazine papers!
40. Send the grandparents a card / Lorelai photo once a month (9/33)
41. Post an Update of my 101 each month (9/33)
43. Grow 3 "new to me" plants / veggies each year (3/9)
44. Give blood once a year. (0/3)
45. Read "The Killer Angels".
47. Try out g-diapers.
48. Clean out email inbox and maintain so there's never more than 100 messages in there at a time.
50. Buy 5 gifts from etsy.com each year (2/15)
**PrettyInPosies hair clips for Lorelai**
**Gift for Dan**
51. Clean out / organize the bloglines reader to remove blogs unupdated / uninteresting / topics /etc. once each year (1/3) 12/30/08 switched to Google Reader
55. Get back to at least my prepregnancy weight (minus an extra 5 - 7 pounds)
**As of 1/11/08 I'm down 28 pounds! 13 more to go to get to pre-preg.wt**
**11/4/2008 another 8 pounds to go.**
58. Complete 20 projects using stash yarn (8/20)
**1) Snowman Hat **2)Bunny Cozies **3)Batman Hat **4)rattles **5)Abby's Hat **6)Abby's Mitts **7)Turn a Square Hat **8)Turn a Square, Squared
59. Knit 30 baby hats for charity, donate in Lorelai's name. (3/30)
60. Make my own sushi.
61. Make photocards for Valentine's Day,
66. Host a holiday dinner for the family at least once a year. (1/3) Easter '08
67. Garden indoors with the AeroGarden, maintain the water and nutrients.
68. Get a bikini wax.
70. Listen to 8 audio-books. (3/8)
**1) Microthrills by Wendy Spero
**2) The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood
**3) Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner
71. Get my first tattoo
72. Go back to church
73. Knit three projects from each knitting book I own.
**Itty Bitty Hats a)Snowman Hat b)Bunny Tails Hat c)Upside-Down Daisy
**Mason-Dixon Knitting a)Baby Genius Burp Cloth
**Mason-Dixon Book 2 a)Toto potholder
**One Skein Wonders a)Flap Hat
81. Sort through the boxes brought home from school.
82. Fully update stash on ravelry.
84. Fully update needles on ravelry.
86. Sell 25 items from etsy shop. (2/25)
88. Knit Dan & Virginia's wedding afghan. Deadline: June 2009.
89. Knit afghan for me!
90. Re-read 10 books that I read when I was in grades 6 - 8. (1/10)
**1) Little House on the Prairie
91. Purchase a TerraPass / CO2 offset for my car / home / acrylic knitting.
95. Try sign language with Lorelai - 5 signs (4/5) **1) More (we're working on Help, Thank You, and Drink)
98. Eat vegetarian for a week.
99. Learn to make pancakes.
**The Time Out Tavern, Durham, CT
**The New Deal Steakplace, Westbrook, CT
**Mia Dona, New York City
**Nellie Green, Branford, CT
**Miso, New Haven, CT
**Tuscany Grill, Middletown, CT
101. Smile everyday. Be a good example / role model for my daughter. Be a good wife to my husband.
I've got my eye out to replace these:
97. Read more than just the Art section of the New York Times Weekend Edition (\2\4/143) - No time to read this anyway.
93. Embroider a onesie for Lorelai. - she grows too fast for those onesies. Make her a sweater. Or toys.
92. Knit all holiday gifts by December 13. - Not realistic for a knitter that thinks she'll make more hats on Christmas Eve for gifts.
77. Expose myself to new music: Listen to one new artist a week (3/143)
80. Write a letter a month (2/33)
65. Try 10 recipes from Alton Brown's "Good Eats" (0/10)
57. Rediscover my yarn stash - pair up 20 new projects with stash yarn. (8/20)